Five-Day Super Yacht Deckhand Training Course
Set your Sails and Set your Future with…
FIVE-DAY SUPER YACHT DECKHAND COURSE DATES FOR CAIRNS 2017/2018
THE FT LAUDERDALE; CARIBBEAN; SOUTH PACIFIC SEASON IS HERE!!!
ARE YOU SUPER YACHT JOB READY!!!
"WE TRAIN YOU AND PLACE YOU INTO A JOB"
NOVEMBER 27TH - 1ST DECEMBER 2017- 3 spaces left
FEBRUARY 19TH - 23RD 2018
MARCH 19TH -23RD 2018
What is the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course?
Welcome to Crew Pacific's Internationally Recognised Five -Day Super Yacht Deckhand Training Course. This course has been specifically designed and tailored for the International Super Yacht industry. The course is ‘Internationally’ recognised by seven International Crewing Agencies around the world, including Crew Pacific, who will assist you into full-time employment.
This course is aimed at those with and without previous knowledge and experience in the maritime industry, or trade industry and are wishing to refine their skills or learn new skills, taking them to Super Yacht Industry level. Crew Pacific's aim is to enhance those skills already achieved and to translate them across to International Super Yacht standard.
Working on International Super Yachts is vastly different to working on land. You will be handling high quality equipment and materials and interacting with high profile guests at all times. This course will guide you into an exciting and rewarding career and will help you to understand how to become “The Best Deckhand” out there.
Modules covered in the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course
Click on to modules to view more information: (Will Open in Shadow Box)
- Specifics Regarding the International Yachting Industry
- Professional Decorum and Social Skills
- International Customs and Procedures
- Super Yacht Maintenance
- Basic Seamanship Terminology
- Practices of Storing and Stowing a Yacht
What are some of the "hands on skills" I will be learning?
- Preparation of varnishing a yacht
- Paint repair, maintaining teak decks
- Maintaining and trouble shooting a 4-stroke engine at sea
- Using International cleaning products on a super yacht
- Will do an onboard excursion on a super yacht
- Splicing and coiling ropes on a super yacht
- Complete an excursion to Cairns International Maritime college
- How to crane a tender/jet ski on and off the yacht while at sea
Why should I do the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course?
- It will give you the “leading edge” over other crew applying for positions.
- It will give you the skills, confidence and knowledge of what your job as a Deckhand on board a Super Yacht.
- It will prepare you for the “ins and outs” of the International Super Yacht industry.
- It will help you to work your way up the ranks more effectively and professionally.
- It will explain to you how to interact with high profile guests.
How much does the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course cost?
The Five-Day Super Yacht Deckhand Training Course is $1995.00AUD
Where is the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course held?
The Five-Day Super Yacht Deckhand Training Course is held in Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia, the hub of the Super Yacht industry in Australia.
After I have completed the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course what do I get out of it?
- A comprehensive Training Manual is supplied at the start of the Course and upon Course completion you receive a Certificate of Competency.
- You will be supplied with a list of the Recommended International Crewing Agents who recognise the Deckhand Training Courses and will assist you into future employment around the world.
- You will have the knowledge and tools to assist you into future employment aboard an International Super Yacht.
- Crew Pacific supplies continuous support, guidance and employment opportunities even after you have completed the Course.
- You will automatically become part of Crew Pacific’s database for future employment.
What are the dates of the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course?
2017 COURSE DATES
- NOVEMBER 27TH -1ST DECEMBER 2017
2018 COURSE DATES;
- FEBRUARY 19TH -23RD 2018
- MARCH 19TH -23RD 2018
- APRIL 23RD -27TH 2018
- JUNE 11TH-15TH 2018
- JULY 2ND -6TH 2018
- JULY 30TH - AUGUST 3RD 2018
- AUGUST 20TH-24TH 2018
- SEPTEMBER 17TH -21ST 2018
- OCTOBER 22ND-26TH 2018
- NOVEMBER 19TH -23RD 2018
NOTE: We recommend that you obtain your STCW95 ticket (preferably AMSA endorsed) before or immediately after our Training Courses. This ticket is a requirement for working aboard all International Super Yachts. View this page for information on where you can obtain your STCW95 AMSA endorsed tickets.
How do I enrol for the Five-Day Deckhand Training Course?
You can enrol directly on-line here: Click onto this link Five-Day Deckhand Training Course Enrolment Form and complete the form with your personal details and credit card information, taking care to fill in the correct dates you wish to attend the Course.
For more information
FOR RECRUITMENT ENQUIRIES
Joy Weston (Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Office Phone: +61 (0) 7 4041 7243
AFTER HOURS: + 61 (0) 407 789 527 (TO BE USED FOR EMERGENCY calls only)
Address: 22 Minnie Street, Cairns, Australia 4870
Crew Information | Crew Training | Captains & Owners Info | Positions Vacant | Contact Us